Sunday 12 February 2012

AN UNFORGETTABLE FACE

The world of love she keeps in her eyes
Fetches the sun from the cloudy skies
Brightens dull lives with her “sunny” smiles.
Of all the world-weary souls I met,
None did I find so unreservedly munificent
Catering the world with her desi cuisines
Seldom forgets to pepper those insipid lives
By bouts of ceaseless chatters and narratives.

A  wanderer ambling the course of streets
A  romp fumbling every word sweet and bitter
Promises to unbolt new doors to solicitousness.
In the darkest of lanes she showers the brightest light.
All the seasons, summer, winter, autumn, spring
And the fall of her life, on the bumpiest of roads
Paces miles in the same old shoes and the “sunny” smile.

Now that the stroke of the departing hour draws closer
And I ponder the forenames of some unforgettable faces
In my mind I see myself rushing past the condominium
In the crowd, her countenance, so achingly familiar
An unforgettable face smiling into my eyes
Cuddled me tight, bade me goodbye
But left an indelible imprint on a level of granite…

3 comments:

  1. beautiful use of words puji...
    u write really well..

    The world of love she keeps in her eyes
    Fetches the sun from the cloudy skies..

    - simply loved ur lines, right from d beginning till d end :)

    Cuddled me tight, bade me goodbye
    But left an indelible imprint on a level of granite…

    ReplyDelete
  2. muahhhhhh sweetie-pie
    i read it again and could not stop myself from commenting :)

    ReplyDelete